




I realized that my last post was nearly a month ago...oh my! Even my darling husband has blogged since then, so I knew I must do something or say something or write just a little bit!
I am 2.5 weeks from my due date as of today, and my maternity leave starts after next Friday (April 24th) and I'm just hangin' on by a thread!
I'm sad and semi-nervous about leaving my students behind--some of them have been with me for 2 years and saying goodbye (especially to my 8th graders) will be hard. If I do have another week I will spend as much time as possible with them before my last day--team building activities, fun stuff planned, etc.
As I'm nearing the end of my pregnancy I'm starting to feel as though this baby is trying to push his or her way out of me via my belly button. The song "Break on through to the other side" keeps running through my head...VERY active little Guppy.
The baby room is virtually done. The finishing touches will include pics of Jesse, the baby and I (the frame is up but the pics won't be for a while) and a "wall word" quote that my mom is going to make me with her Cricut Expressions machine while she's here for the birth of the baby. I added some decorative stuff this week--Sunday I bought this cute frog storage thing for the "diapering necessities" at IKEA which matches the frogs on the lamp. We don't have room for a changing table so the top of the dresser will become the changing area but I needed a place to put all the "butt stuff." I had maternity pictures taken a few weekends ago and I got them framed and hung in the room as well, and I found a shelf at the thrift store which (when painted) became a lovely place to put the ceramic frog that Mom gave me previously. It is the most precious room in our house and I love to just go and stand in there and imagine what life with our child will be like.
I feel like a ticking timebomb, and neither Jesse or myself rest easy these days. Everytime I call he answers with a small amount of fear in his voice, even if its just to call and tell him I'm going to stop at the store on the way home and wondered if he needed anything. I don't drive a lot of places by myself during the school day on the offhand chance that I might not be able to get back to school--maybe an overprotective precaution but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I'm still reading gobs of baby books and trying to soak in as much information as possible before the baby comes, though I'm still unsure about feeding philosophies, epidurals and cloth vs. disposable diapers. My belly is getting ever-so-tired of holding itself up, my feet and toes don't look like my own most evenings, and the heartburn that has plagued me for the past two months is at an all-time record high. My hormones and emotions are best friends these days. I go from irritated to raging about something stupid, to bawling my eyes out while I sit and cut out coupons. Jesse never fully knows if he's talking to me or the Pregnabeast...Though having said all of that, I have had a wonderful pregnancy overall. I think I will miss seeing our baby bounce around inside of me...I've gotten so used to the feeling that I'm pretty sure once its gone I'll feel a void (filled of course by the babe bouncing around on the outside.)
Attached are a few pics of the recent additions to the room (and the growth of my belly.) We have lots of love for this little darling whenever he or she decides to come around...looking forward to (and fearing slightly) the next part. Here's to happy parenting!
I love the room. That baby is going to enjoy it also.
Dear - you are pregnant! And soon you'll have a wonderful baby in your arms. What a great blessing. Don't worry about philosophies on "stuff" - I truly think your mothering instinct will kick in and you'll get it right. As far as epi's go - I'm a fan of the idea. There is no sense in being a slave to pain and a martyr during labor if you don't have to. :)