Wish I would have hit my finger with this, not the hammer!
Ugh...is it naptime yet?
Nearly finished!
Dude, I LOVE power tools! P.S. I am so hot...is it the kneepads or the goggles?
Owee...

So, okay. I admit I like to do projects. There is something fun and satisfying about finishing a piece of work, especially when it was something challenging and difficult. But WOW, next time I decide to take on installing laminate flooring, I'm NOT going to do it when I'm 7.5 months pregnant!

Its not really that difficult to do, even for a novice like myself, but it sure helps to have a buddy help you out. A few tips--make sure you have enough spacers, that your jigsaw blades are sharp (or that you have some backups) and use a rubber mallet (otherwise you'll end up chipping a few pieces...) Oh, and don't hit your finger with the hammer...gives you a blood blister. Whoops.

Having said that though, I think that Christina and I did a FABULOUS job! The room is really starting to look nice and the flooring really had a lot to do with it. I really couldn't have had a better day though--a good friend, power tools and a completed project in less than 7 hours--rock on!

The only thing I'm lacking at this point is the t-strip that will go across the bedroom doorway that connects to the hallway and the one that connects the bedroom to the closet entrance.

I'm tired, a bit sore, and my finger hurts, but the satisfaction that comes with completing the flooring makes ALL of it worth it. And knowing that this room is going to be wonderful for my sweet new baby makes it just that much more special...

1 Comment:

  1. Amy said...
    It looks great Amy. You also look so cute.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home