Readying the Nursery Part Two: Painting and Carpet Removal

As far as convention goes, I guess I'm not traditional when it comes to Valentine's Day. I mean, people asked me what we were doing this weekend to celebrate the holiday, and I smiled and said "Oh, painting--love my weekend projects!"

I am very fortunate to have a best friend who would give up a relaxing Saturday to come over and help--Christina, if you are reading this--you are the best! She showed up with Starbucks this morning on top of everything else--how cool is that?

Well, if you've been keeping up with my projects then you already know that I like to blog about how the nursery project is progressing. For a while it seemed like we were at a standstill but now we're back on a roll! Today was painting day! The paint I chose was called Behr Desert Cactus in Satin finish--a very pretty, calming green and a great color for our project. The entire wall did not need painted as I'm going to put bead board (wainscoting) around the bottom 3rd of the wall--which was a treat for our backs since we didn't have to roll all the way up and down the wall. Ironically, the green we chose matched perfectly with the awesome onesie my mom bought the baby at Christmas that says "Mom's Diner--Open 24 hours." (See the pics in the slideshow.)

The painting actually only took about 45 minutes with Christina and I working together. I managed to get all the high parts like the ceilings and edges, tops of the closet and door while she worked on the major chunks of the wall. The bedroom door had to be re-painted, as did the closet doors which had previously been primed to cover flaws and mistakes made by the previous owners.

In addition to the paint job, we removed the bedroom carpet, padding, and tacking today to get the subfloor ready for the addition of laminate (which will most likely occur next weekend, so watch for a new post then!) The carpet was dreadful--the horrid berber that is in the majority of our house at the moment, but hey, one project at a time. We used to keep the litter box in there, so the carpet smelled of cats and needed to be pulled out. I'm really excited about installing the laminate and moving in the furniture!!

There were too many pictures for today, so I made a small slideshow on Smilebox--hope you enjoy it!


Click to play Baby Room Project
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

4 Comments:

  1. Amy said...
    I could not get the smile box to work. I clicked on the play button and then it did not show any pictures. I bet you had a great day.
    Quiltldy said...
    SmileBox worked great for me... and that green is gorgeous! Baby will be here in no time at all...better get working on your quilt! Send me your snail mail address so when junior/princess arrives I can send you your quilt... won't match the green, but is going to be pretty :) Love you!!!!!!
    Amy said...
    I got to see the pictures. Thanks Amy. It looks great.
    Do not forget to stop by and play my game if you want to.
    Unknown said...
    I did get the Smilebox to work, after a couple of attempts, and the pics look great! The room is coming along beautifully! When you say laminate for the bedroom, do you mean something like Pergo?
    When you guys get ready to do the whole house, let me know...I've got the most amazing tool that makes it a breeze to clean the floors - way better than sweeping!
    (Sorry, cleaning geek moment there!) Anyway, the room looks great. Congratulations!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home