Gable Willow--9 Months Old

My Starfish Girl,

You are such a toothy girl! Since last month you have had two more teeth erupt, putting the count at 8 teeth!! And those teeth, while shiny and cute, can also be painful when you bite Mommy! Everytime I nurse you now I have to tell you not to bite me before we begin because otherwise you have a tendency to try to use me as a chew toy! The few times you've actually bitten me hard I have had to yell at you and you DO NOT like that. (Truth be told neither do I, but I don't like being bitten either.) Big crocodile tears and crying ensue! (Often from both you and me!) I know you know what I am telling you when I tell you not to bite because I've seen you look at me, start to bite and then change your mind when I say NO.

I am so impressed with how fearless you are about food. You LOVE pickled foods, including dill pickles, bread and butter pickles, pickled okra and fried pickle spears! A few weeks ago we went to a crawfish boil at Ms. Delia's house where you ate corn, potatoes, gumbo and spicy crawfish! I could hardly get them peeled fast enough for you! You would start fussing for more the second I stuck a piece in your mouth!! You make a zombie-like growl when you want more food and will try to fling yourself closer to the spoon to make your point come across. You have also thrown a fit when I've walked away from you for just a moment to grab a napkin because you thought I wasn't going to finish feeding you some prunes!! You LOVE Greek vanilla yogurt and will eat as much of it as I will give you, and you've become quite keen about eating melon and strawberries. Several times just this past week we've had people come up to us in restaurants and tell us how impressed they are with your eating! (Apparently you draw the gaze of onlookers at other tables.)

You like to grab everything that is near you and put it in your mouth. When we put you on the floor we have to make sure that brother hasn't left any of his small cars or Legos on the ground because if it is within a 2 foot radius of you then you will grab it! You are trying to scoot towards things you want and you can turn around in circles while laying on your belly. We haven't seen you do any crawling yet but I imagine we will soon.

Your curiosity is adorable and you look at everything around you with a watchful eye. You always like to be able to see your Momma and you get quite upset when I'm not in your line of sight. Your stranger danger continues, and you've fussed several times after being handed to one of our friends for just a few minutes. You have made it quite clear that you only want your Momma on more than one occasion (but your Daddy knows the drill and understands, though it doesn't make it hurt less when you grab onto me when I am trying to hand you over to him.)

We're working on you feeding yourself and often give you free reign with a spoon or a little dipper. For the most part your aim is true--you get most of it in your mouth and not too much of it in your hair :) I genuinely love what a foodie you already are. My heart bursts with pride (and so does your foodie Honey!) We are also working on sippy cups and trying to teach you how to hold it yourself. You are trying, but its a work in progress. You have straws down pretty well though, and I can often give you drinks of my water when we are at restaurants (you still dribble some out, but you can definitely use a straw just fine!)

You love your Lily Dog and try to grab her every chance you get. She loves you too and will sometimes come and get me when she hears you fussing (even before I do!) She even came and laid down next to you during a photo shoot I was doing for your 8 month pictures. I think you guys will be buddies.

On April 24th, 2015 you stayed in a hotel room for the first time. Your big brother Lucas had to have some dental work in Dallas so we stayed near the hospital the night before. You and brother both liked sleeping in the same room as Mommy and Daddy and we all (thankfully) got a good night's rest!

You can sit up really well now--long enough that I can trust you for a little bit without a prop behind you. You also can sit up for baths now, and you like the water rushing over your head when you have your hair washed. Speaking of baths, this month you also had your first "kitchen sink bath" because you were SOOOO messy we decided it was better to wash you off downstairs! You loved it though and kept squealing and smiling your gorgeous, toothy smile. You loved playing with the faucet and splashing in the water.

Your Papa says he has never seen a baby more beautiful than you, but especially in the color yellow. You are one of those rare people who can wear yellow and look amazing in it. Speaking of Papa, we were fortunate enough to have him come and spend the weekend with us this month. He and brother have May birthdays and we enjoyed having him here. He loves spending time with his grandbabies!
He bought you your first hat--it says "My First Fishing Hat" on it, and it is baby sized and pink with a green fish!

Watching you eat a popsicle the first time was really amusing. At first you flinched because you weren't expecting the cold. Then you drew back and made a pucker face because it was a little tart. But THEN...you grabbed it out of my hand and proceeded to gnaw away at it, leaving nothing but a little bit of fruit blob on the bottom.

It has been an exciting travelling month for you! We took TWO train rides in Grapevine--one was in late April when Thomas the Train was here visiting, and then when Papa came we went and road the train again! We had a really great time both times and you seemed to like the rocking of the train.

Twice this month we have found you turned perpendicular in your bed--you are getting so long that you hardly fit when you stretch across! We found out at your checkup today that you are now 18 pounds and .5oz's, are now 28 1/2 inches long! What a tiny but long girl you are! Dr. P thinks you will be a tall and skinny girl...I wonder where you get that from???

You watched your first sporting event this month--Daddy and his team played in the district dodgeball tournament! You and brother and I watched from the stands (though I'm not sure you quite understand what was happening yet.) But you were really good and did amazingly well even though it was super loud!


Here is some of the cuteness that has happened this past month....

Brrr. Popsicles are cold! 

I got some girl time in with my BFF Natalia... (Also, if you watch closely I think my Mommy says "Dinosaur.") 

I was all smiles in yellow!

I liked to reach for Mommy's phone. 

Sweet Pickles! Sweet treat!

Loving on my daddy...

I "might" have enjoyed a biscuit with jam...

Who's that baby in the mirror?

Gimme kisses!!

Wild thing!

Like my new purple car seat? 

Why yes I can sit up on my own! Aren't you impressed?

Trains aren't just for boys...

Cute is right!! I rock this caption! 

Sleeping parallel is for sissies...

Now how do I work this?

My first hotel stay was a blast! 

Shhh. Don't tell brother but I stole his monster truck...

Watching Daddy play dodgeball...

I'm sucking the juice out of this okra...showing it who is the boss...

Kisses for bubba...

Sink bath! 

I'm a Cajun girl today--eating spicy crawfish!!

Sometimes I still sleep in Mommy's arms...

Spending time with Daddy...

Cheesy smilin' girl (showing off those shiny teeth!) 

I promise I got some of it in my belly! 

Papa and his grandbabies (furry, and less so...) 

Trains with Papa! 

Who rocks a hat? I rock this hat!

Telling Papa all about the toys...

Mmm. Cheese. 


Celebrating Mother's Day.

Here Papa let me grab your nose...


1 Comment:

  1. Margie said...
    I'm so glad for the monthly update. Kiss that sweet girl for me.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home