Second Pregnancy :: Week 20
How far along?
20 weeks
How big is baby?
A Banana
Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And, speaking of the diaper situation... baby's genitals are now fully formed!
Weight this week:
186
Total weight gain:
17.6
Maternity clothes:
I had an extra large shirt that made me look like “Omar the Tent Maker” before I fixed it. I wanted to wear a blue shirt for World Autism Awareness Day on April 2nd and it was the right color, so I sewed elastic down the side seam (which created a ruched effect) and made the shirt much more fitted and maternity-like. I sprayed bleach over the top of puzzle pieces around the collar, and that left light blue puzzle-shaped impressions behind. It was perfect! Lucas had a similar shirt, but his pieces went down the side. We had so much fun dressing for “Light It Up Blue!”
Stretch marks:
Nothing new.
Belly button:
Innie. Itchy. Stretching.
Sleep:
I had a couple days this week where I slept really hard--we had STAAR testing this week and I did a lot of walking up and down stairs and all over the 8th grade hall so I must have worn myself out.
Best moment of the week:
Seeing my pretty baby at our sono! The tech said she’s perfect, and that she was so pretty that she didn’t want to stop staring at her!! That was pretty awesome! I’ve also now reached the halfway point in my pregnancy and there’s something kind of cool about that. I like saying that I’m halfway there! Guess I’m a glass-half-full kinda gal!
Food cravings:
Spinach salad with strawberries, asparagus, green onion, mozzerella, and red-wine viniagrette. I’ve eaten it 3 times this week!
Food aversions:
No real aversions, though I’ve thrown up twice this week (strawberry frosted mini wheats, which let me tell you--it is a HORRIBLE thing to barf back up. Its like throwing up wet concrete.)
Symptoms:
Tired. Its been a long week. And my belly button kind of hurts from the stretching. I’ve had some round ligament pains on my left side and I’m short of breath a lot of the time.
Movement:
Not as much this week as last week, but still lots of little wiggles.
Gender:
Girl! (Note: this section not likely to change from here on out....unlike my weight, which will.) :)
What I’m looking forward to:
Honestly, I can’t wait to take Lucas to see Thomas the Train in Grapevine this weekend! It will be a nice family outing and I can’t wait to see his face!! Pregnancy-wise, I guess I’m just looking forward to summer so we can go to the pool and I can wear a maternity swimsuit!
What I’m nervous about:
I’m stressing about money (or lack thereof.) I just don’t know how I’m going to manage not having a paycheck for a little while in the fall.
What I miss:
Sleeping through the night. :) I pee a lot.
Next appointment:
April 28th. No sono, just a checkup.
Comparison to Pregnancy #1:
The itchy belly button--I’d forgotten about that! Also, I’m trying not to be too paranoid about weight-gain. I’ve gained 18 lbs. but I hardly feel like it. I swear 10 of it is my boobs!