Second Pregnancy :: Week 19
How far along?
19 weeks
How big is baby?
A Mango 
Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might actually get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature.
Weight this week:
184
Total weight gain:
15.6
Maternity clothes:
I was so excited to get a giant box crammed full of maternity clothes from my friend Alisa! All the way from California! I am so glad it has so many tank tops in it because come summer I am going to live in those!
Stretch marks:
Nothing new.
Belly button:
Innie. Itchy. Stretching.
Sleep:
Never uninterrupted--my bladder makes sure of that.
Best moment of the week:
Lucas kissed my belly. That’s pretty darn awesome. :)
Food cravings:
Trail mix--especially the kind with sunflower seeds in it!
Food aversions:
Nothing specific this week other than the usual tomatoey stuffs.
Symptoms:
Tired. Barfing. Good grief I’m sick of the barfing...I thought I was over the hump!
Movement:
I’ve felt her move a lot at work this week and less in the evenings but she’s definitely a mover!
Gender:
Girl! (Note: this section not likely to change from here on out....unlike my weight, which will.) :)
What I’m looking forward to:
Seeing her on the screen next Monday will be awesome. The last time we went the sonographer told us that she was already photogenic. For a shutterbug like me, that was music to my ears!
What I’m nervous about:
The Texas Summer and my pregnant-ness. Ugh.
What I miss:
Sleeping more than a half hour stretch without having to pee.
Next appointment:
March 31st for my 20 week checkup and another sono.
Comparison to Pregnancy #1:
If I get hungry, I’ll puke, and I already do that enough after I eat, so I try not to let that happen. :)