Second Pregnancy: Week 16

Second Pregnancy :: Week 16
12960162714_f02ba092d7_n.jpg

How far along?
16 weeks
How big is baby?
An Avocado
Watch what you say... tiny bones forming in baby's ears mean the little one can now pick up your voice. Eyebrows, lashes and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are forming. And, if you're interested, an ultrasound might be able to determine gender.
Weight this week:
180
Total weight gain:
11.6
Maternity clothes:
Still just wearing a combo of regular clothes and maternity clothes (maternity on the lower half, of course.) My tshirts are getting a bit tight around the middle :)
Stretch marks:
Nothing new.
Belly button:
Innie--but stretching. I took my bellybutton ring out this week because it kept sticking out instead of laying flat.
Sleep:
My brain keeps kicking on at around 3am and I have been spending an hour or so awake in the middle of the night--very frustrating.
Best moment of the week:
I don’t think this qualifies as the best moment, so much as the most “ironic” moment of the week. The baby this week is the size of an avocado. Ironically, I was making guacamole this weekend when the knife went straight through the avocado (I was trying to remove the pit while holding the avocado half in my hand) and gave me a laceration that required 7 stitches and antibiotics. I’m 36 and have never needed stitches before so the fact that I did this while pregnant was upsetting--I didn’t even know where to go and I just started crying! Luckily my husband was very level-headed and took care of me :)
Food cravings:
Lucky Charms, strawberries, hummus, Indian Food.
Food aversions:
I’ve been a little sick this week and have thrown up a few times--mostly in the evening. Not sure what’s going on.
Symptoms:
Other than feeling a little nauseated and tired, I’ve mostly just been my normal, clumsy self. :) Oh, and the round ligament pain has made its appearance. I’ve been so hungry this week!
Movement:
A little--mostly at night.
Gender:
Don’t know yet, but we’re hoping to find out next week!
What I’m looking forward to:
I have a sono on Wednesday so I’m hoping to find out what we’re having! Our friend Delia has put together a casual “Gender Reveal” party that afternoon so that should be a hoot!
What I’m nervous about:
Not much--we’re on Spring Break so I’m just happy to have some down time!
What I miss:
Beer. Oh how I’d love to have a beer. It sounds so tasty!
Next appointment:
March 12th for the Sono and March 31st for my 20 week checkup.
Comparison to Pregnancy #1:

I am hungry! I have got to remember to pack more snacks!

1 Comment:

  1. i cant decide said...
    Oh, man, sorry you cut yourself!

    The party sounds fun!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home