Second Pregnancy :: Week 14
How far along?
14 weeks
How big is baby?
A Lemon

Your adorable little fetus is busy with thumb sucking, toe wiggling, and (not so cute but equally amazing) making urine and breathing amniotic fluid as the liver, kidneys and spleen continue to develop. Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over the body for warmth.
Weight this week:
177.4
Total weight gain:
9
Maternity clothes:
Heck yes. I don’t know what I was waiting for. I’m wearing maternity shorts right now!
Stretch marks:
Nothing new.
Belly button:
Innie
Sleep:
I’ve had a cold this week so I haven’t slept well.
Best moment of the week:
Getting to eat lunch at RoseMary’s house the day that we had inservice. It was so fun to spend time with her and John and Cousin Cindy at their home!
Food cravings:
Still on a hummus kick. I also can’t get enough strawberries or popsicles.
Food aversions:
Stale food smells.
Symptoms:
This week my symptoms have not really been pregnancy related. I had diarrhea on Monday, then Tuesday I woke up with the familiar scratchy tickle feeling in my throat. By Tuesday night I was miserable. I felt like my head was full of cotton, my throat was super itchy, and I couldn’t breathe. I’m still trying to recover from it. The sucky part was not being able to take anything other than Tylenol for relief. Blegh. Also, I missed my yoga class which made me mad.
Movement:
Off and on. The baby has been laying either near my navel or on my left side for most of the week.
Gender:
Don’t know yet!
What I’m looking forward to:
Since my intestinal issues kept me from prenatal yoga last week, I’m REALLY looking forward to going this week.
What I’m nervous about:
Nothing much. Feeling pretty happy.
What I miss:
Being able to take cold medicine when I’m sick. :(
Next appointment:
March 3rd
Comparison to Pregnancy #1:
Honestly, I have no idea. Everything is a little fuzzy right now. Could be the gobs of mucus in my head. Could be pregna-brain. Could be that I’m getting old and I can’t remember stuff like that without looking it up.