Second Pregnancy: Week 7


Second Pregnancy :: Week 7

How far along?
7 weeks
How big is baby?
A blueberry
Baby's brain -- both hemispheres! -- is growing fast, generating about one hundred new cells every minute. Arms and legs are emerging as joints start to form, and a permanent set of kidneys (baby's third!) is now in place.
Weight this week:
175
Total weight gain:
6.6
Maternity clothes:
I don’t know how much longer I’ll be able to get away with the belly band. The zipper on my jeans keeps unzipping because I can’t zip it up very far! I think I may need to switch to leggings soon.  
Stretch marks:
Nothing new.
Belly button:
Innie
Sleep:
The urge to pee several times a night is waking me. I try to ignore it but I can’t for long.
Best moment of the week:
Being in New Mexico at my Mom and Dad’s house. I love being home! I got to have chile rellenos and tamales (as well as Mom’s homemade cooking.)
Food cravings:
I think my first true craving may have happened this week. While napping at my folks house, I had a dream about green chile cheese fries. When I woke up, it was all I could think about. Mom had tater tots so I made green chile cheese tator tots instead and they were delicious!
Food aversions:
Depends on the time of day. I’ve been able to stomach things that don’t normally sound too great--like cottage cheese and eggs. I’m struggling to control my gag reflex but I still haven’t thrown up (yet.)
Symptoms:
Exhaustion, nausea. (Almost all day.) And I’m getting zits! Mostly on my chin and nose but I had a big one on my right cheek near my mouth. Ouch.
Movement:
None yet.
Gender:
Too early! But we keep calling the baby a girl.
What I’m looking forward to:
I miss my hubby. We’re having a good time here but I’m looking forward to seeing him again when we get home.
What I’m nervous about:
How I’m going to feel when I go back to work next week. Over the Christmas break my exhaustion level and nausea has risen significantly.
What I miss:
I miss NOT feeling like crapola. :(
Next appointment:
January 6th
Comparison to Pregnancy #1:

Morning sickness, need to pee a lot, highly sensitive to smells. Also, December 29th was the first time I threw up--I’d been pretty lucky up until then but it was just not staying down. I threw up so violently that I broke some blood vessels in my face under my eyes :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home