13 Months...Oh My Oh My!

Okay, I guess I'm a slacker Mom. No wait...I take that back! I'm a full-time working wife and Mom who teaches 6 classes a day, makes food for her hubby and sweet baby boy on a daily basis (breakfast, lunches and dinner), does laundry, cleans house, runs errands, does the grocery menu/planning/shopping, attempts to crafts, frantically searches for ways to be a better Mom (and one day hopefully a SAHM)...crazy freakin' too busy to be a slacker Mom...so yeah, I get behind in my blogs. I wish I had more time to blog, especially because I know so many of you take an interest in the Fletcher Clan and what we're up to. Summer vacation is 2.5 days away now, so maybe, just maybe I will get a chance to write more often...


My baby boy turned ONE on May 7th (yep, a month ago.) We had a small gathering for the affair and I was fortunate to have my wonderful parents here to help out and celebrate. I don't think hell or high water could have kept them away! Lucas is amazing. He's my sweet joy. My lovebug. My heart. There is not one single day that I'm not proud to be his Mommy--he has made me better...just better.

The cake was a big hit, we had a Dr. Seuss themed party, and everyone seemed to have a good time. There were lots of laughs (and a much-needed-bath) and it was the perfect birthday party in my opinion. There are far too many pics to post on here but here's the link to my dude's birthday album...


I'd like to think that my summer will be restful, but to be honest, it doesn't look that way. You see, both Jesse and I are in weddings (Jesse's local, mine is in Canada) and my entire school is being moved to a new building, so I have lots of packing and unpacking ahead of me. We had hoped to sneak in a trip to Florida but it doesn't seem likely--especially not now with the oil spill that is wrecking the beaches, wildlife and greenery...

I have new respect for working parents. I know that there are benefits and plusses to both working and staying home--you have to strive for balance--guess I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and hope for the best!

Hope you enjoy the blogs as they come. Love and hugs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home