
I'm sorry for the lack of posts---I read so many blogs but find myself without a lot of time to do much writing these days. I will try and be better but I can't make any promises. :(
Family Updates:
Last week we had quite a surprise---SNOW! And lots of it! So much that we had a 5 day weekend--we were off Thursday and Friday because of the snow, and Monday because of President's Day and it was AWESOME! I totally believe we should go to the 5 day weekend. It rules. Jesse built a little mini-snowman for Lucas (who liked eating the snow) and we enjoyed mugs of hot chocolate and tea at various times throughout the day.
Lucas is 9 months now and just blossoming into such a cute little man! His grin is infectious, his smell is intoxicating, and his presence is something I treasure and thank God for every single day. He weighs 23 pounds, is 31 inches long and is wearing between 12-18 month clothes! He's a beast! He has very little interest in crawling because he can't see what is going on around him and would rather stand instead. If he's awake something on his body is wiggling--he has those little hands and feet going non-stop and wants to feel and touch and eat everything. We had a bit of a scare a few weeks ago when he was diagnosed with RSV--I had to take a week off of work to care for him because he required thrice-daily breathing (nebulizer) treatments. But he's back at his school now, healthy as an ox and droolin' all over the place.
He has 8 teeth and it would appear that more are on their way because he's a total drool monster and chews on anything that sits still for too long (including mom--I have bruises on my shoulder from where he got me!) We're trying different foods with him that he can eat with his fingers. To date he's had cheese, Cheerios, Gerber Puffs, chicken nuggets, green beans, tater tots, bread, melon, banana, strawberry, and pancakes. He gets about 85% of it in his mouth and when he fails to hit the mark our trusty pooch Lily is there to vacuum up the rest (she's much more efficient than the Eureka anyway.) So far he does a lot of babbling but he does say dadadadada and babababababa a lot. He LOVES the water and bathtime is so much fun for him! We think he's going to be a "righty" but I guess that can change.
He'll be making his first airplane ride in a few weeks when he and Mommy go to Albuquerque. We're going to my cousin Vanessa's wedding in Farmington, NM. Should be exciting!
Jesse and I are in our 2nd semester at school. I'm knee deep in sewing projects (my 8th graders are making aprons and my 7th graders are making bags--all are being made from "re-purposed" items such as tshirts and scrap fabric.) Jesse has his hands full with a class of 28+ gifted kids in his 8th grade class plus his 6th and 7th graders. We are enjoying our role as parents and are always amazed at our sweet son and how big he is getting. Jesse is a wonderful father and puts so much effort into making sure Lucas is well taken care of.
There are far too many pics to post but I made a collage of some of the recent stuff going on with Lucas. Hopefully I'll be back to blogging more regularly--I'm just so busy these days! Love and hugs to all of you who read this regularly.





Lucas is a darling wee man! When you come into ABQ for the wedding - you should try to squeeze in time to swing by Other Mothers (San Mateo & Cutler, near Old Navy) just to see what it's like.
I'm insanely jealous of all the snow you guys got! What the heck man?! :) ABQ has gotten a dusting here and there, but nothing significant (read: fun). Ah, well...perhaps next year.