Lucas Emmett--3 Months Old!


I guess I never really knew why my parents always said we grew up to fast until I became a parent...the last 3 months have flown by! Lucas is now 3 months old and becomes more amazing to me every passing day.


This past week I've been at a curriculum planning and he's gone with me all 4 days. He's such an amazing kid--not a fuss or a complaint. He's awesome! Nothing like a baby to entertain a room full of Family and Consumer Science teachers!

He's discovered his voice and is very vocal and chatty--he concentrates so hard sometimes that I swear he's going to start using actual words. He is the happiest baby--wakes up that way (yeah!) and is a huge cuddlebug.

He's sleeping between 7-9 hours a night (for 3 months old that impresses me) which makes his mommy happy (and rested!) Today he has been sticking his tongue out--he's always discovering new things that he didn't know before (we just find it amusing that he keeps sticking that tongue out...sometimes he'll have his tongue out while he's smiling.)

We heard his first official giggle last week (the sweetest sound) and completely melt whenever he smiles. He's one amazing little dude.

Lucas still dislikes tummy time but we try to do it for at least 5 minutes every day (whether it makes him holler or not.) His head control is getting quite good and we hope he'll soon start to figure out how to roll over.

Happy 3 month birthday, my sweet boy!

4 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    That is awesome :) It sounds like he is doing so well. He is growing up so fast.
    i cant decide said...
    He's a cutie!
    The Murphys said...
    He's adoreable Amy!!! I'm in total agreement with you about it going so fast! Frank is 8 months old and is already crawling and pulling himself up, it's crazy! Get as much snuggling in as you can because before long that cutie won't want to sit still. Happy late birthday too! Looked like an adventure for sure : )
    Amy said...
    He is so sweet and cute...

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home