Lately it seems every weekend we have something going on, and this weekend has been no different. Our Friday night was filled with a bit of chaos, but it was a much-needed night out after this past weeks illness recovery and fatigue. If you are a fan of the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer, then you know that this weekend was the opening of the Twilight movie. I am generally NOT a fan of going to any movie on opening night for various reasons...A) I dislike feeling like a sardine B) I can't see unless we sit far away and C) I have to pee a lot and D) People (and their uncontrolled children) can be obnoxious at opening night. But having said that, I promised my dear sweet husband (who promised his students) that I would go with him. He even bought my ticket, popcorn, pickle, Sprite and M&M's just to seal the deal! When we arrived at the theater it was INSANE! There were like 200 people in line, and this was 45 minutes before the movie started! I was trying not to hyperventilate! Strangely enough though, once we got into the actual theater the seating challenge was less so than I had expected--we ended up scoring great seats in the back (hoorah! No one could kick my chair) right on the end of the aisle (a relief for a pregnant woman who pee's a lot.) The gobs of teenagers in there were really quite well-behaved, and aside from the screaming whenever Edward or any of the other hunky boys in the movie were on the screen, it was a pretty great experience! The screaming teenagers to be honest were actually quite fun, and Jesse and I had a good time laughing at them. :)
We were invited to a Bar Mitzvah for one of Jesse's students and we went this morning. I was actually quite excited because I'd never witnessed one of these celebrations before! The Jewish ceremonies are quite musical, as much of the reading was sung as opposed to just read out loud. Jesse had to wear a yarmulke on his head (I wanted a pic but he refused) and was even asked to take a professional picture with his student for the event. Afterwards they had a luncheon with various kosher foods, including bagels, cream cheese, lox, capers, tomatoes, salad and fruit. My kind of meal!
I think our weekend will hopefully be restfull (well, what is left of it.) Here's to cold, gray weather (makes for a wonderful nap!)
Labels: Events





I am off to take a nap also. Great idea.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. That baby is so lucky to eat all kinds of yummy food.
Stop by my page there is something for you.
I left something on my blog page for you. Go by and check it out.
Happy Sunday....