Kerplunking!

I'm not so sure about this...can I just sit here?
Well, this is kinda fun, but can I get out now?
I like it here, not too many big dogs to scare me.
One tired pooch on the way back to the house.

Every summer the Plano public pool opens its doors to humans and canines alike at an event called Kerplunk! It is pandemonium to say the least--there were at least 70 different dogs of all shapes, sizes and breeds (not to mention the shapes, sizes and breeds of their owners) who come to play in the pool together twice a summer! This was Lily's first experience with Kerplunk, and to say the least it was a tad intimidating for her. She went with her best friends Stoli, Bailey and Miles (this was Miles's first experience too--he's the basset hound in the pic above.) There was too much excitement for Lily to get in the water on her own, so we had to take her out there which she wasn't crazy about. When we take her to the lake, she splashes around like a crazy water dog but I think this was a bit too much for her--she'd never been around that many dogs before. Lily was more interested in going around the park introducing herself to everyone and sniffing everything in sight. Our proud moment though, was when she jumped from the edge of the pool into the water and swam to us! It was a great day and we'll definitely go back next summer.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home