I have to say...I LOVE my 30's! I had a WONDERFUL birthday thanks to my husband, friends and family! My mom left me a present when she was here a month or so ago, so she called me and I opened it while I was on the phone--she got me a Magic Bullet Blender, I've wanted one since they came out! This was in addition to the weed whacker she bought me while she was here. Go Mom!
Jesse, my dear and darling husband is the best man EVER. Not only did he get me a 160GB iPod for my birthday (I've wanted an iPod since they came out) but he took me to a fabulous restaurant called The Magic Time Machine in Addison. The servers all dress up as various characters (ours was Belle) and the whole place is filled with knicknacks and doodads and fun stuff to look at. Some of the tables are shaped like Crayola Boxes, School Busses, Dunce Caps, Tiki Huts, etc. What a great man to know me so well!! My dinner consisted of Fried Shrimp and Shrimp Scampi, yum! I also had a drink called a Bubbler, which was a fizzy concoction of pineapple juice, orange juice and Sprite. They come in red, blue, green, yellow or "ugly" so of course, I had to choose ugly! It was yummy, if not very appealing...
The night was topped off by an AWESOME SURPRISE PARTY throw by Rhonda, Jesse and a few of my nearest and dearest. The theme was "Things that make Amy feel like a giant" (for those of you who don't know, I like food and small items that when held in my hand make me feel huge.) Everything was tiny! The foods, drinks, cutlery, cups--even the gifts! There is some video of me acting like a giant that I'll post separately. I could not have loved it more! Thank you to everyone who called, emailed or came in person to wish me a happy birthday. It was awesome! Be sure to check out the slideshow that I posted! (If you want to turn on the sound on the slide show, just click in the top left hand corner where the speaker symbol is.)
Labels: Birthdays









love, Amy and Alyce Jayne