Second Pregnancy :: Week 30
How far along?
30 weeks
How big is baby?
An English Cucumber
At 30 weeks, he’s not just moving a lot, he’s also plumping up. And as he continues to put pressure on your digestive system, you’re going to feel the effects: hemorrhoids, heartburn, pelvic pain and frequent urination are all common at this stage in the game.
At 30 weeks, your belly’s doing more than just making it tough to find a comfortable sleeping position. It’s made itself a conversation piece. Everywhere you go, someone seems to have a comment about your physical appearance, which isn’t always so fun. And no doubt, you’ve encountered quite a few people who don’t think before they speak and say something embarrassing or hurtful (what’s up with that?) Try not to take those comments seriously, but know which ones should be taken to heart. Like when they tell you you’re glowing, believe them! And take advantage of some of the perks (when someone offers you their seat on the train -- take it!) At week 30, your dreams might be getting even weirder -- if you’re actually sleeping, that is. That could be a result of anxiety, so consider doing some prep work to help you rest easier. One idea? Do a test drive to see exactly how long it really takes you to get to the hospital. Then maybe you’ll stop having nightmares about giving birth in your car.
Weight this week:
195.8
Total weight gain:
27.4
Maternity clothes:
Mom and I found a new pair of shorts for me to wear--I only had 2 that fit and the elastic is starting to get a bit loose after 2 pregnancies. I got some that have the full belly panel (which I’ve never worn before) but I’m kinda liking how I don’t have to pull my pants up every 5 seconds!
Stretch marks:
Nothing new. (Or not that I can tell.)
Belly button:
Depending on how I’m sitting, it can look almost completely outie.
Sleep:
I’m at my Mom’s this week, so the cool mountain air is the best sleeping pill I could take--there is something so peaceful about sleeping with the window open and waking up to the smell of the mountains.
Best moment of the week:
I got to visit my old stomping grounds after a 10 year hiatus. While here in NM, we drove to Las Cruces to pick up Mom and Dad’s VW Passat after it was fixed. My two favorite parts of the trip: 1.Seeing my friend Tandi and meeting her new hubby (and seeing her beautiful home.) 2. Eating at Dion’s Pizza!! I can’t believe how much LC has grown and changed, especially by Hwy. 70!
Food cravings:
I want foods I can’t have this week. Primarily sushi and beer and unpasteurized cheeses. :)
Food aversions:
I haven’t had any major aversions this week but I have discovered that if I choke at all while I’m eating, that’s the #1 sign that I’m gonna hurl.
Symptoms:
I’ve been really emotional this week...some uncontrolled sobbing over the dumbest stuff (like when I was crying and got up to get myself a tissue--I accidentally tore the tissue which only made me cry harder.)
Movement:
She has switched positions and is mostly now laying sideways across my belly. I feel lots of movements on both sides of me. Her little bones are getting harder because I can feel elbows and knees and limbs that are quite “sturdy” now.
Gender:
Girl! (Note: this section not likely to change from here on out....unlike my weight, which will.) :)
What I’m looking forward to:
Seeing Jesse and Lily! I’m looking forward to celebrating Father’s Day and my wedding anniversary this week. I also have my next doctor’s appointment on Tuesday.
What I’m nervous about:
Not much--I think a lot about when I think she’ll make her arrival. I’ve been so jealous of all my friends who have recently had their babies and I’m looking forward to meeting mine.
What I miss:
My “protuberance” often causes me problems when I’m trying to grab things that I’ve dropped or trying to reach for something in the back of a cabinet...I also feel winded a lot faster now and I don’t move very fast.
Next appointment:
June 17th.
Comparison to Pregnancy #1:
The emotional rollercoaster that I’m currently experiencing was similar with my pregnancy with Lucas. I also have very little patience and I’ve been a little snappy. :(