Second Pregnancy :: Week 27

Second Pregnancy :: Week 27
How far along?
27 weeks
How big is baby?
A Rutabaga
At 27 weeks, baby is breathing (it’s amniotic fluid, not air, but it still counts) and even showing brain activity. You’ve got a lot on your brain, too, from wondering what labor and delivery is going to be like to trying to find the best pediatrician for baby. The annoying symptoms you’ve been having probably aren’t going away, but at least you’ve probably found some ways to deal with them -- and hey, maybe you’re used to them right now. As you say goodbye to the second trimester, you can look forward to some pretty embarrassing stuff (like having to pee all the time -- and maybe even when you don’t mean to at all) that’s all par for the late-pregnancy course. It’s time to head down the home stretch. Are you ready?
Weight this week:
194.0
Total weight gain:
25.6 (Holy Crap! I gained 5 lbs in one week?)
Maternity clothes:
My maternity jeans aren’t really feeling very comfortable. I think I’m enjoying wearing skirts and dresses more than jeans (which feels really odd to say.)
Stretch marks:
Nothing new. (Or not that I can tell.)
Belly button:
It is starting to become more outie than half-outie.
Sleep:
I sleep pretty well (in between all the getting up to pee.)
Best moment of the week:
Well, I haven’t thrown up this week so that’s something! :)
Food cravings:
I’m back on the tacos! Two days this week I had chicken tacos from Chipotle. And then I saw a picture of some sushi and I really wanted some (but like my beer craving, I did not indulge.)  
Food aversions:
I don’t seem to have any aversions at the moment. Yay!
Symptoms:
Lower back pain has made an appearance, as has shoulder-blade pain. I went to the chiro this week and it did seem to help but I have had to use the heating pad a few times this week. I got a charlie horse in my left leg during the middle of the night that I had to stand up and stretch out so that I could go back to sleep!
Movement:
Her movements feel more deliberate and larger--less wispy and bubbly. Every once in a while I feel an arm or a leg right in the front.
Gender:
Girl! (Note: this section not likely to change from here on out....unlike my weight, which will.) :)
What I’m looking forward to:
I just need to survive the next two weeks of school. Then I can go home and spend a week with my Mommy and watch my kiddo play in the dirt and breathe in clean mountain air!
What I’m nervous about:
I kind of freak out when I think about accessorizing a girl. Hairbows kind of scare me. What if I do it wrong?
What I miss:
I miss being able to lean over without groaning. I miss being able to reach things in front of me without having to scoot so close to the table (my belly is in the way.)
Next appointment:
May 26th. Glucose screening. Blegh.
Comparison to Pregnancy #1:
I’m pregnant. I think the similarities stop there. I hated the glucose screening the last time too, just for the record. That stuff tastes disgusting, and I’m worried about doing it on an empty stomach.

1 Comment:

  1. i cant decide said...
    I love/hate maternity jeans. They never fit right!

    She'll probably pull the hair bows out anyway. I bought some for my baby and she was too bald for anything but headbands which were too big and fell off and then when they fit she could pull them off. She didn't have enough hair for barrettes and now that she does she will just take them out. I don't know how moms get their little girls to wear hair bows!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home