Second Pregnancy :: Week 11
How far along?
11 weeks
How big is baby?
A lime
Your fetus currently enjoys a 1:1 ratio between body and head, and has skin so transparent that blood vessels show right through it. But fingers and toes are no longer webbed, and hair follicles, tooth buds, and nail beds are forming -- setting up a significantly more attractive future.
Weight this week:
176.2
Total weight gain:
7.8
Maternity clothes:
I think I’m in denial about how much longer I’ll be able to use the belly band. My pants keep slipping down off my hips because the band is having to work so hard. :)
Stretch marks:
Nothing new.
Belly button:
Innie
Sleep:
Sleep is my friend. My bedtime most nights is between 8 and 8:30. I keep trying to read at night but only get through a few pages before I have to close my eyes and crash.
Best moment of the week:
I haven’t thrown up since last Sunday! Yay! I’ve been pretty hungry this week and not as queasy. It was Jesse’s 37th birthday this week and we’ve had a lot of fun hanging out with friends. Lucas has been such a charmer this week. After seeing him play with the Moncrief kids on Saturday, my fears about his ability to be a good brother have gone out the window. Also, I swear I felt my uterus move upward this week. Like it popped out of the lower part of my abdomen and has now shifted upwards.
Food cravings:
I did have a dream about Raising Cane’s chicken strips and woke up wanting some. I didn’t indulge however, because there isn’t really one near us and I didn’t have any makeup on and didn’t want to go out. :)
Food aversions:
Cheerios--the smell continually grosses me out but my husband and son love them so I just deal. Stale smells--like trapped odors from cooked foods--those are killer right now.
Symptoms:
Except for my legs, the pityriasis rosea seems to be mostly gone. My belly skin looks normal again! I had a rough week with headaches though. On Wednesday night I got an aura in my left eye which I’m sure would have turned into a migraine had I not gone to bed right away. I woke up Thursday morning with a bad headache that wouldn’t leave me be. I broke down and took some Tylenol and called my doctor. With a little rest and pain meds I did finally kick the stupid headache but I was pretty miserable on Thursday.
Movement:
None yet.
Gender:
Don’t know yet!
What I’m looking forward to:
We have the NT Scan this week and will get to see the baby on the sonogram. They did tell us there is a small possibility of finding out the gender so I’m crossing my fingers! I think that is the part I’m most excited about!
What I’m nervous about:
The weather--its supposed to turn cold/rainy/snowy this week and I don’t want to miss my sono! I’m also a little nervous because Jesse is going to TCEA and I will be single-parenting it for about 4 days.
What I miss:
I miss my jeans feeling comfortable. I don’t want to give into the maternity pants yet!
Next appointment:
February 3rd
Comparison to Pregnancy #1:
Sometimes if I cough, it makes me feel like I’m going to throw up. Yuck. And I never trust a burp. I’d forgotten about that.
I had to cut out chocolate and aged cheese with my last pregnancy because I was getting ocular migraines. Taking magnesium and making sure I was well hydrated helped my regular headaches and migraines in the beginning of my pregnancy, that or I just got out of the first trimester and my hormones were more balanced.
I hope you find a way to keep them under control!