It has been a rollercoaster! As I sat down to think back on this last year I feel as though most of it was a blur. That is due mostly in part to grad school--while I was getting smarter the brain was feeling dumber. :(
In case you missed it (or in case I did!) here is a quick run-down of this past years events.
January
- I started my second year of grad school and my second semester as a 1st year librarian.
- Jesse turned 35 years old! (OMG!)
- As part of Jesse's birthday gift, we gave the office a facelift--new paint, new shelving and new office furniture!
February
- I went to TCEA in Austin--my first professional conference.
March
- The livingroom and hallway got a makeover--we pulled out the ugly, old, badly stained carpet that had been in our house since before we purchased it and replaced it with vinyl laminate wood flooring. It looks so pretty and fresh now!
- I participated in the Firefly Run with some of my co-workers. It was my first 5K.
April
- We didn't do holiday pictures last year, so instead we participated in a photo shoot at my friend Delia's house and got some awesome pics of us doing what we do best (being silly!)
- Lucas was diagnosed with a speech delay.
May
- Our baby boy turned 3 on May 7th! His Honey and Papa came for his birthday and we were so happy to have them here!
- The craft room got a facelift--reorganization, a new book shelf and curtains and its a new paradise instead of a crap hole!
June
- Jesse and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. We took a Carnival cruise to Cozumel for the occasion. Honey and Papa came back to stay with Lucas while we were away, and as an anniversary present/early birthday present they painted the entryway, livingroom and hallway (all of this orchestrated by the best friend a girl could ask for, Christina Hoofnagle!)
- Lucas started speech and occupational therapy at Our Children's House at Baylor--he'll continue once a week appointments until it is no longer needed.
- Dad built me a raised bed and I grew tomato plants, jalapeno peppers and attempted to grow some other stuff but failed miserably (it was just too hot!)
July
- I turned the big 3-5 (eek!)
- Lucas started potty training on July 4th (Independence from Diapers Day!)
August
- Lucas and I took a trip to New Mexico to help my parents move and get settled at their new home in Glencoe, NM.
- I began my 2nd year as a librarian and started my last semester of grad school, and Jesse began his 10th year as a teacher!
- Lucas started at a new school!
September
- My practicum for grad school began this month, and I had to begin writing my final exam portfolio.
October
- I got a new barbeque grill!
- We went to an awesome Halloween party and saw our friend Dain play in his new band. Lucas went to his first Halloween carnival at school.
November
- I had a great time at my first-ever Pinterest Party with some awesome crafty ladies!
- I finished my final exam so I had a little extra time and chose to clean out our garage. It was a 2 day ordeal but we got all kinds of stuff tossed out and made a lot more space!
- I got a new car! We now are a two-Prius family!
December
- Grandma Berger passed away and I came home to Albuquerque to be with my family for the services.
- I graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Masters in Library Science!!!
- My son took his first Santa picture since 2009--this was a major celebration because he's been terrified the last 2 years!
- We had a White Christmas!
So there ya go--a little glimpse into the Fletcher Fam. My hope for this next year is that I will be able to start blogging again (now that I have more time on my hands!) Happy New Year!