So, the kitchen tends to get kinda messy because it is linked to the door that goes to the garage. And since we park in the garage and come through that door, the first dumping ground is likely to be the small kitchen table or the countertop nearest to the door. Not to mention that during the week we are super busy and usually wait until the weekend to pick up our most dreadful messes, only stopping to clean up the dirty dishes and cooking utensils used during the week. Over the holidays the countertops were a disaster as I was very busy making a variety of goodies and needed some items to remain close-at-hand so that I didn't have to keep pulling them from the cabinets. Today I finally got the time and the drive to clean up the disaster kitchen, and I'm very proud of the results. I got rid of the knife blocks, which are a counter hog and kept only the magnetic knife rack (gosh I love Ikea!) All surfaces were completely ridded of their occupants, thoroughly scrubbed and sanitized before anything went back on the counter. Almost doesn't look like the same place!
I'm off to tackle the red cabinet in my kitchen and fix my cookbooks...again. I'll keep you posted!
Okay, I'm back now. The red cabinet is very dear to me. My mom bought it for my first apartment when I moved to Lewisville. It is very cute, very me, and holds some of my greatest treasures---my cookbooks. I know I have a ridiculous obsession with them, but I come by it honestly. My mom too is a collector, though she swears now that she's not going to buy anymore. Guess I'll be loaning her mine! Anyway, the red cabinet isn't too bad as far as clutter goes. There honestly isn't a lot of space for clutter to fit but on occasion a few small things end up there, which is why I decided to include it. I had to reorganize the inside of the cabinet a bit, so I showed the closed door and open door versions of how the cabinet looks now that its all prettified again!
Labels: Before and After, Clutter, Crap, Home, Housekeeping, Organization
4 Comments:
-
- Margie said...
January 9, 2011 at 8:44 PMLooks great! I bet you feel like you accomplished something.- Margie said...
January 9, 2011 at 8:46 PMI'm impressed!- Stacey said...
January 9, 2011 at 9:45 PMBeautiful job! Both your kitchen and the red cabinet look fantastic!- Unknown said...
January 12, 2011 at 3:56 PMI'm super impressed! My kitchen needs a restart as well but I'm so overwhelmed, I don't know where to start with it.






