Lucas Emmett, 6 Months Old--New Foods and New Teeth! (Er...tooth)




My baby boy turned 6 months old on Saturday--OH MY GOSH! Deep inside of me I still feel like he's brand new and that we haven't had him in our lives for half a year now...amazing how fast time has flown.

He's weighing in at almost 20 lbs, and is the proud owner of two very visible, very sharp teeth on the bottom. We discovered this afternoon that tooth #3 is popping through his gums on the top--its one of the fang teeth (I can't remember what they are called...) Anyway, the last time he got teeth was pretty miserable (for everyone.) This time around things seem to be a little different, as he has not been very cranky during this process and it has already broken through the surface which means the worst of it is over already.

He had his first taste of real food this weekend--the sweet potato puree that I made a few weeks ago finally got to come out of the freezer and into Lucas's belly. He likes it! Woo hoo! (Makes him the only one in this house that does, though I will admit the puree is quite tasty.) He ate all 2 ounces of it his first sitting, and we are going to incorporate more into his diet throughout the week. So far (as of tonight) he's had 4 2oz. servings.

Lucas is such a delightful baby--he is always singing us his baby songs--babbling, cooing, squealing, burbling...he puts on quite a concert on a regular basis! (One of the less delightful times is around 4:30 in the morning, but usually his paci quiets him back down...) He is a happy, healthy chunky monkey and I am just amazed by each stage of his life! I feel so blessed that everyday I get to hold and squeeze him, kiss his cheeks, and cuddle that bundle of love that is sleeping at the moment. (Giving Mommy time to write this blog.)

1 Comment:

  1. The Murphys said...
    He is so precious Amy!!! I agree with you about how fast time flies, I can't believe Frank will be one in 2 weeks! (and he doesn't have any teeth yet, that's really cute that Lucas does) You look fantastic, motherhood really suites you as we all knew it would. Hope all is well! XO, Amber

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home