Readying the Nursery Part Three: Beadboard and Chair Rail...

                                       Lily checking out the first piece I applied
                                           Jesse helping with the installation
Me applying Liquid Nail to the beadboard
Jesse adding the chair rail...
    A nearly finished wall! The window was tricky...


Whew! We're getting there! Today was probably the most exciting part--the fabulous beadboard! It gives such a nice finish and dimension to walls--I'm really glad we decided to go with it for the baby room. 

The pieces are relatively easy to install, unless of course you have a window and window sill, and then it turns into a jigsaw puzzle...but other than that, the installation was relatively painless but still time consuming. 

We've still got a bit of touch up paint to do, along with putting the outlet covers back on and caulking some of the places that didn't quite match up. But aside from that, in another week or so, I'm thinking we'll be finished with the baby's room and I can put my feet up and relax! 


2 Comments:

  1. Amy said...
    It looks great Amy. I know your little one will love hanging out in there for sure.
    Unknown said...
    You're right! That bead board is the finishing touch - it looks great in there and really "pops" off the green paint. Good job.

    p.s. the word verification your blog is asking me to type is "nest dr". I thought that was really appropriate.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home