Meeting Bobby Flay...




Okay, so I'm not what you'd call a "groupie." I've never spent the night in line to get concert tickets, or professionally stalked a famous person. Except for that one time in college when Alabama's bus was parked outside Pan Am Center and we tried to look in...But today, I became a groupie and I have to tell you--It was awesome! A week or so ago I got an email from Williams-Sonoma (I'm on so many lists) that Bobby Flay (from the Food Network) was going to be doing a book signing at the W-S in Southlake, TX from 2-4pm! Of course, my mind immediately went to "Oh crap, I have to work that day!"

Well...last week was grueling (TAKS week usually is) and I felt like I deserved a day off after all the hard work I'd done. I wrote my principal a really elaborate story on the reasons why I needed a day off, and then I told her the honest truth about Bobby Flay and the real reason I wanted Wednesday off in particular. Well you know what? It worked! She's a former Home Ec. teacher herself, so I worked it from that angle, and the next thing I know I'm waiting in a gi-normous line waiting to meet Bobby Flay today! I took him a bag of green chile pistachios (from McGinn's in Alamogordo---those things saved my life while I was in England) because as you may or may not know, Bobby is a fan (and famous in NYC) for his Southwestern style of cooking and love of all things spicy. If anything, I hope it helped him to remember his trip to TX and the crazy Home Eccy who waited for 2 hours to meet him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home